OPEN CALL – Artist Takeover 2018
Kala Sangam is delighted to announce that applications are now open for our Artist Takeover 2018!
After the success of the programme in 2017 we’re again looking for three artists – could be any artform but we’re primarily looking for musicians or dancers – who need space and support to create, develop and grow. Each artist will receive a free week of space in either our sprung-floor Ganges Theatre or our sports-floor finished Indus Hall and what’s more we’ll pay you to be here that week too! You’ll also have a paid opportunity to present your work-in-progress as part of a scratch night here at Kala Sangam.
Following learning from last year’s pilot we’ve brought the call out date forwards to enable successful artists to use this support as match for other funding bids should they wish.
Artists will receive:
- 5 days of studio space in either the Ganges Theatre or Indus Hall between 28th August and 14th September 2017.
- £500 cash.
- Organisational development and/or fundraising grants development support from Kala Sangam staff.
- A paid scratch-performance on Saturday 15th September as part of Kala Sangam’s Autumn/Winter Season.
As part of our commitment to diversity in our programme we aim to meet the following criteria:
- Gender balanced commissions
- Support for at least 1 artist of South Asian heritage or practicing in a South Asian art form
- Support for at least 1 artist from West Yorkshire – ideally Bradford district
To apply please email a biography and a brief outline of the work you would like to create to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 27th April 2018. Successful artists will be contacted within one week.