Learn south Asian dance, music (singing and instruments)and languages with Kala Sangam Academy classes
Kala Sangam runs weekly south Asian arts classes for young people of all abilities.
- Have fun!
- Learn new skills! Dancing and music is a great skill to have, and classical South Asian art forms offer a link to the cultural heritage of the region.
- Keep fit! Dancing is brilliant exercise so you can keep fit while having fun.
- Make new friends! We have over 100 students at the Academy, both boys and girls of all ages.
- Opportunity to travel & perform! Kala Sangam students have recently performed in our annual Kala Utsav Show at Bingley Arts Centre and in the Schools Prom at Royal Albert Hall in London. One of our students also recently attended the Global Young Leaders Conference in the USA.
- Fun and Feel good classes through bollywood dance for children and adults on every Thursday term time.
Timings – 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- Bharatanatyam classes – on every Saturday from 9:30 to 2:30 pm
One to one classes are offered in bharatanatyam in consultation with the teachers of the academy
- Carnatic vocal
- Carnatic violin
- Carnatic flute
One to one classes in Carnatic music – one to one classes are offered in consultation with the teachers of the academy
Try it out for free!
All new students are entitled to one free taster class. If you decide to join the Academy, a one-off £5 registration fee is payable, then you can take as many classes as you like (individual class fees payable on top).
Follow the links below for details about all our classes.
To find out more, please contact Kala Sangam Academy. Call (01274) 303340 or email firstname.lastname@example.org